Sunday 10 January 2016

20 Things I've Learnt Turning 20


#1 People grow at different rates and go through different stages of their life at different times. Just because one person is doing something now, doesn't mean you need to be too.

#2 Friendships change and people drift apart. But true friendships will last. 

#3 Say yes to opportunities. You may not get the same chance again. More good will most likely come from it than bad.

#4 Don't be so afraid to take risks. 

#5 Worry less about things that can't be changed. It's a waste of energy.

#6 Boys are confusing. Fact.

#7 Family can be annoying but they're the only one you've got so appreciate them. 

#8 It's hard to stay in touch with people when you leave school. But if you both try hard, friendships will last.

#9 You don't need to do/wear something, just because everyone else is.

#10 Don't be afraid to be yourself.

#11 Do what you love. 

#12 Don't waste time worrying about what people think of you.

#13 Wear whatever you want. As long as you're happy and comfortable.

#14 Having 'me' time is ok. Spend time by yourself to relax and gather your thoughts.

#15 Don't be scared to say no to things you don't want to do.

#16 Speak up if you have a problem or an issue with something.

#17 Try to enjoy everyday, rather than constantly wishing it was the weekend or next week.

#18 If you've wanted to buy something for over a month. Buy it. 

#19 As fun as being on the internet is, taking some time off of it is good. Read a book, do some colouring, do something creative that doesn't involve looking at a screen.

#20 Be happy.

3 comments:

  1. a lovely post!

    www.jaya-sanghera.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of these especially not worrying about things that can't be changed! I tend to find
    myslef getting caught in the minor things that happened but I can't change them but I worry anyway! I habit I need to break x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, so glad I've found your blog! I'm turning 20 next year and I've just realised how true the first one is especially! Xx

    ReplyDelete